We respect your right to privacy and aim to ensure we comply with the legal requirements of the POPI Act, which regulates how we collect, process, store, share and destroy all personal information you provided to us.
Why we collect Personal Information:
We use your personal information to liaise with you telephonically, via our website or email to:
- Inform you of new offers;
- Enable us to process, validate and verify information and requests for the supply of services;
- For the purposes for which you specifically provided the information; and
- Generally to improve your experience on our website.
Processing of Information
We will share your personal information:
- To comply with applicable law or with legal process served on SAAM;
- To protect and defend the rights or property of SAAM.
- Treat your personal information strictly confidential.
- Take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that your personal information is kept secure against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage, alteration, disclosure or access.
- Promptly notify you if we become aware of any unauthorised use, disclosure or processing of your personal information.
- Provide you with reasonable evidence of our compliance with our obligations under this policy on reasonable request.
- Retain your personal information no longer than three years after you terminate your membership unless we required legally to do so, or you consent to us retaining such information longer.
ALTHOUGH SAAM TAKE THE NECESSARY PRECAUTIONS TO PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, SAAM, HOWEVER, WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE, HOWSOEVER ARISING, SUFFERED AS A RESULT OF THE DISCLOSURE OF SUCH INFORMATION IF OUTSIDE OUR REASONABLE CONTROL.
You have the right at any time to:
- Rectify the Personal Information collected by us;
- Object to the processing of Personal Information subject to applicable legislation;
- Request the return or destruction of Personal Information subject to applicable legislation; and
- Complain with SAAM.
The Personal Information processed by us is not routed/transferred to a third country or International organisation.